One of the aims of the Charity is to provide practical support to our members, who have had a diagnosis of breast cancer, to help them in the next phase of their life after treatment. We realise that many of our members may want to undertake a new challenge or employment but have been unable to do so because of financial constraints. The purpose of this bursary is to assist you to realise that opportunity.
How much will the HER Breast Friends bursary fund provide?
The charity offers a maximum of £500 per person, per annum, and there are no limits to how many times one person can apply.
What can the bursary be used for?
Examples would be:
– For a course of study which is approved by the Board.
– For any equipment that may be required to support you.
– To help you put together a CV or improve your interview skills.
We do not want to be too prescriptive with this list as there is a danger we may stifle your ambitions.
Be bold and if we can help we will!
How to apply
1. Provide your name, address, telephone number and email address (if you have one).
2. Submit a short statement (max 500 words) describing how you will spend the bursary and what difference it will make.
3. Submit your application to:
HER Breast Friends,
Pod 6 The Octagon,
Hull HU3 2RA
The decision making process
A panel of three trustees will consider all applications and in doing so may want an informal chat with you to ensure they have all the information they may need in order to make a decision. The Boards decision is final. Terms & Conditions apply.
If you are unsure if your idea/request fits this bursary scheme please contact the Charity Manager on 01482 221368, in the first instance, to discuss.